Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are low mile MINT condition Jeep worth to you guys?

Time Online: 14 Hrs 34 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs

What are low mile MINT condition Jeep worth to you guys?

I'm on this forum, but I'm not an offroader, I like Jeep for their usefulness and their ease to work on more than anything.

So how much is this Jeep worth to you guys?

It's a 1995 Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo I6/NP231 with 110k miles, RARE pb3 Medium Blue Pearlcoat colour. It's from the States and doesn't have a single SPEC of rust anywhere. Even the strip of steel that holds the bottom rocker cover moulding on looks brand new. I legitimately wouldn't hesitate to eat off any part of this car top, bottom, sides, underhood or interior, its that clean.

So how much is it worth to you?

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs
    That specific truck?

$3500max
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 21 Hrs 29 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 55 Secs
    It's still a 95 Laredo with 176,000kms. (I'm assuming so in KMS as you list the mileage in "Miles" and it's a U.S. vehicle.)

I'd be into it for $3000-4000 maybe? Tops? Depending on a lot of other components. The colour is kinda girly so that's not doin' a thing for me.

I'm looking for a clean lowish mileage (see 150,000 to 200,000km) ZJ. Tryin' to hunt down a good 1998 5.9L but they're either in rough shape, high mileage, re-painted (in a shitty fashion mind you) or the seller thinks they have a freakin' 1967 Ferrari 250 GTO of a rarity.

Time Online: 3 Wks 19 Hrs 7 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 47 Secs
    Jeep made 120,234 xj's that year. I doubt blue is a rare color that would make it worth anymore than any other color.
    Don't let fear and common sense get in your way.

1985 CJ7 Aluminum tub, 31's
    1985 CJ7 Fiberglass, lift, 33's, 5.3 Vortec, NV3550
    1985 CJ7 All steel
    Doing my part to keep these old CJs alive

Time Online: 4 Days 17 Hrs 22 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 23 Secs
    to me, 2500 - 3000 bucks.
    buggy
    Tow Rig - 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    Other tow rig - 1997 Newmar Dutchstar
    OF4WD #5698
    OVO member

lil_loco Guest
    Id have to go with $2500-3300 with current market.

The 4l engine kinda kills it for me and paint is just a colour that I would redo to black on any vehicle I own.

Didn't this model come with alum axles?

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 10 Hrs 16 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 46 Secs
    someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if it has the tow package it came with a dana 44a rear axle (a being for aluminum) and normal d30 upfront

Time Online: 2 Mths 18 Hrs 57 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins
    worth a lot. get a one of them off shore export buyers

Time Online: 2 Wks 3 Hrs 23 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    For Jeep 95 Grand Cherokee - Edmunds value is from $2015 to $3215 (USD)

- this one looks in good shape ( rust free but missing trim piece + rim centre cap )
    - and is the Laredo model (base model after SE dropped)
    - does not have fulltime ( NP242 ) transfer case
    - I would not put too much of a premium on the Medium Blue Pearlcoat colour, as you can paint sheet metal any colour you like

Quote Originally Posted by Kennuck View Post
    Jeep made 120,234 xj's that year.
    I'm not sure how this stat is relevant, as your question is aboot a ZJ, not an XJ :confused:
    93-98 ZJ production was 1,428,095 (the 96 Orvis Edition is rare -2341 produced )

I agree with $3500 max ( CDN )
    "Know it all googler"
    Helping keep the XJ legend alive
    88 XJ 2.5L AMC - crushed but not forgotten

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 23 Hrs 25 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    Mint is a flavour....
    What can I say, I'm Skitarded...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 14 Secs
    It has a dent in the right rear wheel arch, it's missing trim, It's higher mileage with what looks to be NO options (ie no body colour moldings, no sunroof, I assume no leather, or the poofy (see undesireable) leather) You would be lucky to get $1500 for it. Closer to $1000 is more likely. I bought my '94 limited (optioned out the A-hole) 4 years ago for $600 with only slightly higher mileage.

Time Online: 14 Hrs 34 Mins 1 Sec
    It has a tow package and thats about it.

As for CC, I'm gunna consider that a lucky (and cool) find, personally in a vehicle this old I like the simplicity of minimal options. It has power mirrors locks and windows of course (I'd prefer it without the latter two), but apart from that all i need is the clotch seats with the nice bolstering, and ice cold AC. Oddly I also like the non body colour mouldings. (in the picture they look really faded but they aren't)

I'd love the best of both worlds as well though. All the 5.2 power without all the options. That'd probably be my ideal set up.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 14 Secs
    The I6 transmission is weak to say the least. Just an FYI. Undesireable option packages will drag the value down. I wasn't commenting what it was worth to you. Just telling you what it's worth.

The 5.2 is nice and the ideal setup is without the lower rocker cover (LIMITED) it doesn't hold the rot.

Was a cool find for six hundo. It's what the dealer I worked at gave the PO for it.

Time Online: 2 Days 2 Hrs 29 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    Last October I bought a '99 Grand from Florida with 180K miles (yes, nearly 290K km) for $3800.

While I wasn't a fan of the high mileage, I crawled underneath it with a powerful flashlight and I swear to all that is Holy, I could not find a spec of rust. In the seams, on the bolts, exhaust hangers, tiny little corners, nothing. So I bought it.

Dude said all the big stuff was original. For cert it needed an cv-joint as the boot was torn and got contaminated and brakes. The truck runs and drives great and I think that's owed to Orlando, Florida's salt-free smooth roads.

To sum it all up, I'm very happy I bought this one. For a little more, I could have gotten an Ontario Jeep with 100K km less, but every one I looked at had typical rust, rough roads, and cold-weather starting/running. My Florida machine, for rust, is honestly no worse than a 1-year old Sudbury vehicle (since it's now seen one winter).

LC.

Oh yeah, the mechanic that did the cert told me, "damn, Florida mechanics have it made!"

EDIT: Today the Jeep has 315,000 km and is going strong (aside from a pooched cat making the exhaust stink).
    Last edited by LocoCoco; 09-24-2009 at 11:13 PM.
    So I installed the flux capacitor but the Jeep just won't do 88 mph.

- '97 TJ, 4" Superlift, 33" SSRs, lunchboxed rear, 12K Titan, and 2.5 litres of exhillirating performance

- '99 WJ Limited 4.7, 2" RC BB, 31" Mall-Terrains, Pavement Princess

Time Online: 3 Wks 19 Hrs 7 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 47 Secs
    I'm not sure how this stat is relevant, as your question is aboot a ZJ, not an XJ :confused:
    93-98 ZJ production was 1,428,095 (the 96 Orvis Edition is rare -2341 produced )

Your right, I musta been drunk when I made that post wtf was I thinking.
    The point I was trying to make is you see ads all the time that state the vehicle is rare when in fact most vehicles these days are made in such quantities that being rare is pretty rare.

Its just a pet peeve of mine I guess. Just because someone states in an add its rare doesn't make it rare. Certainly this model is not.
    Last edited by Kennuck; 09-25-2009 at 03:08 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 9 Hrs 24 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 1 Sec
    2g at most

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 27 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 20 Secs
    yeah, in an ideal world where rare colors, mint body/no rust and low-ish kms really add to value you might dream it worth $3500

but in reality it's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

realistically someone in the market for an SUV of that age is looking for a bargain vehicle with good drivetrain (engine & 4x4 I know the tranny's are junk), so the km's and body condition arent that valuable,ie one that is decent vs one that is mint is equivalent. I'd figure it to be worth $2k (2.5K max) cert and e-tested to someone looking for a good winter beater that is road worthy.

the only way you're getting more than 2.5k for a ZJ these days is with a clean 5.9 or maybe a mint/loaded 5.2, sure there are some listed on trader for 3-4K but there are dozens in the 2k range, what's going to convince someone to pay more?
    CRAIG-3D CAD junkie-IMAX Screen designer

-97 ZJ #2 LTD...built,flogged & flopped all in a matter of 7 days..redefining luxury wheelin! 97 ZJ Laredo, hand built, abused, and jumped off a 12' snowbank... RIP

Time Online: 2 Days 2 Hrs 29 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by CANADIAN ZJ! View Post
    ...realistically someone in the market for an SUV of that age is looking for a bargain vehicle with good drivetrain (engine & 4x4 I know the tranny's are junk), so the km's and body condition arent that valuable...

I look at this differently. In Canada with our severe rust problem, most vehicles rust away before they wear away. And you can always fix a mechanical problem but you can't always fix rust problems. Consider how many cars we see that are A1 mechanically but are realistically impossible to put back on the road because they're too rotten. (ie. old Toyotas, old XJs). My parents recently retired their '97 Accord with 409,000km because it rusted out. Mechanically, it still had a lot of life in it.

That said, you can buy a high-mileage, worn out Jeep with an imaculate body and easily keep it on the road until it rusts away 10 years later. And as we all know, there is definately no shortage of healthy Jeep parts available. Also, when doing repairs the vehicle comes apart like nothing. Last winter I removed the big hubs nuts on my '99 Grand using a ratchet. Everything comes apart like it rolled out of the factory yesterday.

For actual value, I'd put that '94 ZJ at $2000-$2500, and the rust-free feature would be worth 90% of that cost to me. (But the colour really sucks! )

LC.

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 27 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 20 Secs
    ^I agree with your logic, but

a) I figure guys like you are the exception not the norm (as are most guys on here being enthusiasts we're prepared to put in more effort than average shmoe, didnt you say you went way south to find your rust free WJ? what are the chances of him finding a buyer like that). I too would put in the elbow grease/new parts to keep a solid vehicle on the road, but I dont see the 'market' as thinking that way

b) it's a ZJ, first of all they seem to stand up well against rust. Aside from 9T-1's catastrophe, most ZJ's i've crawled under are very solid in the frame etc, everywhere but the rockers. It's not a YJ that has an awful history of rotting away and a rare enthusiast attraction that generates interest. if it were a YJ in that condition the mint factor would add more value. But it's not, decently rust free ZJ's are a dime a dozen

I look at value from a general standpoint, whats the average guy looking for that truck willing to pay? any more that 3grand and they'd probably start looking at WJ's, unless of course he wins the lottery and finds that perfect buyer looking for a mint 95 powder blue ZJ, in that case he might give his first born child up

Time Online: 18 Hrs 51 Mins 39 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
    It has a dent in the right rear wheel arch, it's missing trim, It's higher mileage with what looks to be NO options (ie no body colour moldings, no sunroof, I assume no leather, or the poofy (see undesireable) leather) You would be lucky to get $1500 for it. Closer to $1000 is more likely. I bought my '94 limited (optioned out the A-hole) 4 years ago for $600 with only slightly higher mileage.
    CC is right i bought my 93 ZJ limited with leather and every option available at that point with high mileage(300,000kms) for $400 about 2 years ago now and you can find them all over the place for this price..

I would say that perticular ZJ you would get 1500 if lucky, because for 3500 you can get a 5.9L around the same mileage or possibly even a ok wj.
    97 ZJ - Daily Driver
    93 ZJ - Parts Truck -- PM Me if you need any parts.