Thread: HP Pass Drop HD D44

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 25 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 43 Secs

HP Pass Drop HD D44

I hopes to find a decent D60 on a zero budget obviously is not going well.

So I'm going down another road. I already have a D44 Front, but being a Scout it is 9" narrower then my 14bolt I got. So I picked up the matching HD D44 with it.

I also got a HP D44 for free, but is post '78 so it has the cast tubes.

Goal: Build a Passenger Drop HP D44 with the HD outer hubs and 8bolt for next to nothing other then the 100.00 the axle cost me, brakes and bearings.

Look for some pics to come. Any thoughts, info or insight will be aprreciated!
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 43 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    The HP D44 R&P should be able to hold up to the small abuse you are going to put it through josh... Why not sell off what you have now (cast 44, and scout) and think about a Hybrid... You already know ball joints suck ass...

Why not chop the tubes and put Reid Racing D60 C's on that HD D44... you are going to burn up some $$$ there, but I'm sure you could Ebay some stock D60 knuckles.... Source some 35 spline side gears and run 35spline chromo shafts with D60 outters...

That way if you make that jump to a D60 everything is going to swap over... the only money you are out is the C's you had to weld on... I assume you want to do this on the cheap but are you running your 39's on stock shafts?

Chromo shafts wouldn't be a bad idea even with a D44 but a waste if you are planning to upgrade later.... might as well half assly (hybrid) upgrade now if you can't find a D60 center section...

You could probably get $500ish for the axles you have... and spend money accordingly
    Ahhhh some people just never grow up, but that's Okay; our world needs people like you to add comedy in our lives

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 43 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 25 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 43 Secs
    My Front and rear Scouts are sold already to a good buddy for a Sidekick. 700.00 for 2 trussed axles, 5.38's locked and spooled with plenty of new parts. Problem I don't want a cross over time.

We'll see. The Bronco HP44 is already cut, the HD44 is stripped bare.

35splining a d44 is alright, but I can get a SF 35spline d60 for free. Problem is finding the shafts, C's and Knuckles.