Thread: patching hole in floor

Time Online: 3 Days 9 Hrs 15 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs

patching hole in floor

Okay, next week I am helping a buddy by patching a hole in his floor of his daily driver. It's an extremely small home maybe 1.5 inch by an inch. my question is should i use galvanized steel or just steel and paint it afterwards? Also would anyone in london have some sheet metal i could buy or them or grab?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 23 Hrs 10 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 3 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by rokov View Post
    Okay, next week I am helping a buddy by patching a hole in his floor of his daily driver. It's an extremely small home maybe 1.5 inch by an inch. my question is should i use galvanized steel or just steel and paint it afterwards? Also would anyone in london have some sheet metal i could buy or them or grab?
    Not sure what year your taking about, but the hole may be small, but what about the rest of the metal around it? Once you start grinding to clear away the rust you will be surprised how a small hole becomes LARGE. If your going to do it right make sure you cut out all the rust. I would buy a 2'x2' piece of galv. steel. Go grab it at metal supermarkets, corner of oxford and airport rd.
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

Time Online: 4 Days 1 Hr 15 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs
    Only problem with using galvanized is that its a pain to paint or put anything on, reason being nothing will stick to it, there is a prep process to it. If its just a dd, then use regular tin and coat it on both sides with roof cement, the black stuff in a litre can thats thick and gooey, it'll outlast the dd.