Thread: rollbar rack MOU

Hybrid View

Time Online: 1 Day 3 Hrs 28 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs

rollbar rack MOU

I want to attach a roof rack from my 98 XJ ONTO the FULL rollcage of my Toyota 78 FJ40 ( unlike the picture opposite )
    When I go offroad with 4 people, I very little room.

I also want to run the bikini top under the rack so I need to mount the rack OUTSIDE the limits of the top. Any ideas?

So far I was thinking of using 4 muffler clamps with prefabbed steel bases , 2 per side, to attach to the rack .

any more ideas or if you know of a site that builds accessory attachments at REASONABLE prices, I would appreciate the input.
    FJ40 ... Drive a legend or follow one ... www.4wildrides.4t.com ... www.bushwacker.4t.com, OF4WD #4659

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Just a quick sketch thrown together on how I'd do what you're proposing.

You could put the tabs on, mount your bikini top, and mark where to install grommets in the top to allow the hold-down bolts to pass through. Of course you could just drill through the bar itself, but then you'd need to weld a hollow pipe into it to prevent crushing. Your muffler clamp idea would be an excellent installation (u-bolts!), if you can make it look clean.
    Last edited by Noltz; 11-03-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

Time Online: 1 Day 3 Hrs 28 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    Thanks ... I will keep your idea in consideration ... lots of time ... as I have till it gets warm 2010 !